Why should I get Microsoft 365?
- It's free for as long as you're a student at Queen's.
- You can install it on up to a total of five devices, including PCs, Macs, Smartphones and Tablets.
Download Instructions for Windows and Mac
- Log into https://www.office.com/ using your Queens student number and password. You will see a list of the Microsoft 365 apps that you can access.
- To install the apps locally, click the drop down arrow beside the Install Apps button and select Microsoft 365 apps
- You will be prompted to Run or Save the application at the bottom of the Window, follow the three steps displayed to Run and install the application
- After installation, start Microsoft 365 (Office) and login with your Queens’ credentials e.g. email@example.com
Download Instructions for Phone or Tablet
- Log into https://www.office.com/ using your Queens student number and password.
- Click the drop down arrow beside the Install Apps button and select Other install options.
- Click on View app & devices.
- Then select your device under Get Office on your phone or tablet | iOS | Android | Windows. This will display a link to the mobile Microsoft 365 app for your phone.
- If you click on Get the app this will take you to the Apple App store, Google Play Store or the Microsoft Store from where you can install Microsoft 365 or the individual apps.
What if I already have a version of Microsoft Office installed?
If you already have a version of Microsoft Office installed you should remove it before downloading the latest version of Microsoft 365. You can run multiple versions of Microsoft Office on one computer, however we don't recommend it.
What happens after I leave Queen's?
Microsoft 365 is a subscription based service, and while you're at Queen's you get this for free. However, when you leave Queen's your subscription with Microsoft ends. At this point you can either:
- continue to use Microsoft 365 with reduced functionality - you will only be able to read documents, not edit
- continue to use Microsoft 365 with full functionality by purchasing your own subscription from Microsoft
- remove Microsoft 365 and install your own copy of software