Ms Diane Nixon
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MA Jurisprudence (Oxon)
- Dip. Soc (Oxon)
- Bar Vocational Course (Inns of Court School of Law)
- PgCHEP (Ulster University)
- Fellow of Advance HE (Higher Education Academy)
- LLM International Sports Law (University of Staffordshire)
- Diane Nixon was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1997. She practised full-time as a barrister until she returned to Northern Ireland in 2008 when she combined teaching with professional practice at the Bar. She was called to the Bar of Northern Ireland in 2008.
- In 2013 Diane qualified as a police station representative (Cardiff University) under the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Legal Aid Agency scheme regulations for England and Wales. She is also “duty-qualified” for England and Wales.
- Diane was appointed Chief Examiner (Professional Ethics) to the Bar Standards Board for the Bar Professional Training Course in 2019, having held the post of Assistant Chief Examiner since 2014. She is a member of the Central Examinations Board of the Bar Standards Board and the Curriculum and Assessment Review Group convened by the Bar Standards Board.
- Diane provides guidance and oversight of assessment instruments for public bodies and private institutions.
- Diane is an approved trainer for the Middle Temple Advocacy pupillage programmes.
- She has also provided CPD lectures and podcasts.
- Diane was appointed Senior Lecturer (Education) in 2015 and Director of Education at IPLS in 2019.
- She is responsible for the Bar Advocacy and Criminal Litigation modules.
- Diane is coach for the IPLS Mooting Team, which competes in the Annual Eoin Higgins moot and other cross-jurisdictional mooting competitions.