We are a dynamic group who work in the School of Nursing and Midwifery at Queen's University Belfast. Drawing on life experience we contribute to nurse education at all levels within the School from teaching undergraduate and post graduate students to contributing at a higher strategic level. The Forum was first developed in 2013 by Professor Kevin Gormley and Dr John Power. Over the past number of years under Dr Derek McLaughlin's leadership we have been increasingly involved in numerous activities for example teaching, curriculum planning and development, student recruitment and committee membership.
The new name Patient and Carer Education Partnership (PCEP) was developed by the forum members and staff over the past few months following discussion and consultation with all members. Because of the diversity within Nursing and Midwifery it is intended that the word 'Patient' is used as an umbrella term to include patients, clients, children, young people, mothers and carers etc across all specialties.
- promote and participate in effective and meaningful co-production activities between patients, carers and staff within the school
- adopt an advisory role in the development and review of activities within the school
- foster innovative practice and shared learning from co-production activities
- build and maintain networks locally, nationally and internationally
- disseminate models of good practice within the school, the wider university and further a field
Committee Meetings 2021/2022
Monday 27th September 2021 - 12.30 - 13.30
Monday 13th December 2021 - 11.30 - 13.00
Monday 14th March 2022 - 11.00 - 12.30
Monday 13th June 2022 - 11.00 - 12.30