Study English at Queen’s University Belfast to improve your English level fast with tailored, personalised support and for the smoothest transition to further UK academic studies.INTO Queen's offers the following English Language course options:
This course is for you if: You want to study an English course that is more than language learning – you’ll develop the academic skills needed to successfully study in the UK. You want to benefit from studying in an English-speaking environment where you can easily practice your language skills and immerse yourself in the culture.
How will Academic English benefit me?
- Focus on reading, writing, speaking and listening in a context that reflects the skills you must have in order to succeed at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Taught by professionals with strong backgrounds in Academic English, in particular who have worked with students who wish to study for a degree at a UK university.
- Extended International Foundation, International Year One and Graduate Diploma courses available with 1-2 terms of Academic English in one programme.
What skills will I finish the course with?
- The ability to perform academic research that will support academic writing.
- An understanding of how to complete essays in the correct format and style that will be required for the discipline you’ll be studying.
- The skills you’ll need to give academic and professional presentations, both individually and as part of a group.
- The ability to better understand academic lectures and participate in class and group discussions that are often required of academic classes.
Course length: 1 - 4 Terms
Start dates: 2023: September; 2024: January, March, June
Fees: From: GBP £4,800
English language requirements: From: From IELTS 3.5.
Course options: Standard (1 term = 10 teaching weeks)
Online Academic English
Online Academic English course offers a convenient route to reaching your required English language level. A blend of live classroom learning and interactive online materials, you get the same standards and quality of teaching but in the comfort of your own home.
- As a highly engaged and hard-working student, you can expect to make progress of between 0.5 and 1.0 IELTS point per term through this intensive online course.
- 25 learning hours a week, with 10 hours of live virtual classroom lessons and 15 hours of pre-recorded lectures and online interactive materials.
- No visa or UKVI IELTS needed to enrol, other language English language qualifications accepted including Duolingo and Password.
- develop your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills, and learn to communicate effectively in English
- grow your vocabulary through discussion on current affairs
- study real-world subjects to make learning come alive
- learn to express your opinions and challenge the ideas of others
- learn how to give presentations and write academic essays
- access dedicated teaching and online resources through a virtual learning environment (VLE)
Course length: 1 Term
Start dates: 2023: January, April, June, October
Fees: From: GBP £4,800
English language requirements: From: From IELTS 4.0.
Course options: 10 weeks of online teaching
This course is for you if:
- You are academically qualified and hold an offer from Queen's University Belfast.
- You need to improve your English language skills to the level required for your degree.
How will Pre-sessional English benefit me?
- Improve your core English skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Gain practical, hands on experience of attending seminars, writing academic
essays and creating presentations.
- Daily lessons are designed to be fun, engaging and easy to understand, but are
also challenging and there to prepare you for future academic success.
- On completion of the Pre-sessional English course, you will be able to successfully
progress to your chosen degree at Queen’s University Belfast.
Course length: 4 - 10 Weeks
Start dates: 2024: June, July
Fees: From: GBP £1,900
Academic requirements: Offer of a place at Queen's University Belfast.
English language requirements: From: For degree courses that require IELTS 6.5 with 5.5 in each subskill for direct entry: IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of 5.0 in any subskill) or equivalent. For degree courses that require IELTS 6.0 with 5.5 in each subskill for direct entry: IELTS 5.0 (with a minimum of 5.0 in any subskill) or equivalent.
Course options: Standard (20-21 class hours per week)
INTO Queen’s University offers a programme of language support to Queen’s University students whose native language is not English. The in-sessional programme provides free English language classes aimed at helping international students improve their English in order to successfully follow their academic courses.
The In-Sessional English team work closely with academic staff to ensure the content is relevant, and programmes are tailored to your degree, or to the School in which you study. They are also personalised according to the types of assessments you will complete on your degree programme.
- English programmes tailored to your degree or school
- Generic English and Academic Skill programmes available
- One-to-one English language support for all international students
INTO Queen’s also provide English language summer schools for groups who wish to study a short summer course. For enquiries, please email email@example.com