To enhance your digital learning and development, please take the opportunity to explore the range of resources below.
To sign up and attend a workshop provided at Queen’s please book on one of the following training opportunities:
To find out more about the topic of Digital Learning and Development, take a look at the following resources from around the web:
Some of these resources are available on the Jisc Discovery Tool, log in with your staff credentials to access more.
- 1 minute blog posts - Blog posts
- Accessible learning platforms - Jisc article
- Blended learning essentials - Futurelearn course
- Scaling up online learning - Jisc guide
- Explaining digital learning and development - Video
- How to Teach Online - Futurelearn course
- Learning in the Network Age - Futurelearn course
- Learning online: reflecting and sharing - Futurelearn course
- Technology and tools for online learning - Jisc guide
- What makes a successful online learner? - Jisc guide (PDF)
- Adobe education exchange - Teaching resources
- A flipped classroom through digital chalk talks - Podcast
- Designing Digitally - Online course
- Digital Learning Leadership - Futurelearn course
- Education 4.0 - Jisc article
- The Online Educator: People and Pedagogy - Futurelearn course
- Recording lectures: legal considerations - Jisc guide
- Transferring handwriting to video with pen and paper - Blog post
- Using technology to improve curriculum design - Jisc guide
Queen’s staff have access to LinkedIn Learning, which contains training and professional development on a range of different topics. Staff can request access to LinkedIn Learning here.
The University has an enterprise license for staff members to access LinkedIn Learning. This allows staff to embed up to 5 videos per month in Canvas to share with students. These 5 videos are per month per individual user. Students should be able to watch the embedded videos directly within Canvas and without any login requirements.
- The Digital Transformation of Learning - Course
- Learning Canvas 2019 - Course