MANAGEMENT SCHOOL, RIDDEL HALL
- Contractor’s compound located in the overflow car park on the north of the site. (Refer to attached drawing).
Possible Impact: Restricted parking in place as the north car park is in use for the contractor’s compound. Some noise and vibration from manoeuvring machines, pneumatic tools and hammers. Alteration of kerb line at the entrance to contractor’s compound to facilitate deliveries.
- Contractor deliveries to site.
Possible Impact: Site access is being manned by Contractor’s staff overseeing deliveries. Some disruption may be likely due to the significant number of concrete lorries delivering to site. Some noise and vibration from manoeuvring machines and concrete pump.
- General construction works.
Possible Impact: Some noise and vibration from crane operations, excavation plant, manoeuvring machines and pneumatic tools and hammers.
- Geothermal works – Borehole drilling and erecting of hoarding to geothermal area.
Possible Impact: Some noise, vibration and dust from drilling activities. Noise and dust monitors have been installed to ensure levels are maintained within prescribed limits. Additional noise and vibration from manoeuvring machines, removal of spoil and concrete pumping into the boreholes.
- Refurbishment works to first floor of Block 1, old Riddel Hall, Block 2 circulation areas and Block 3, Management School building.
Possible Impact: Some noise and vibration from hand held power tools. Access to the work areas managed by contractor’s staff. Small contractors compound located in four car parking spaces (refer to attached drawing). Some disruption may be likely to corridor areas due to decoration works and the delivery of materials used for refurbishment.
ASHBY POWER LAB
Works on the refurbishment of the laboratory and office areas at 1st floor of the Ashby Lab Block for EEEECS are ongoing and due for completion in mid-October 2021.
- Contractor’s Site Compound: The Contractor has set up his compound within the space to the west of the Ashby Laboratory Block (refer to attached drawing).
Possible Impact: Impact limited to the loss of space, which is normally available for external storage, until October 2021.
- Demolition of structural elements and installation of new steelwork. The demolition of a reinforced concrete plantroom access stair is likely to extend into week commencing 26 July 2021.
Possible Impact: Some vibration and noise likely from the site. Dust extraction and suppression measures are in place.
- First Fix Mechanical and Electrical: First fix M&E works are ongoing.
Possible Impact: Some noise from power and cutting tools is likely from the site.