MANAGEMENT SCHOOL, RIDDEL HALL
- Contractor’s compound located in the overflow car park on the north of the site. (Refer to attached drawing).
Possible Impact: Restricted parking in place as the north car park is in use for the contractor’s compound and parking is extremely limited. If you are due to attend an event at Riddel Hall, you are advised to walk. Some noise and vibration from manoeuvring machines, pneumatic tools and hammers. Alteration of kerb line at the entrance to contractor’s compound to facilitate deliveries.
- Contractor deliveries to site.
Possible Impact: Site access is being manned by Contractor’s staff overseeing deliveries. Some disruption may be likely due to the significant number of concrete lorries delivering to site. Some noise and vibration from manoeuvring machines and concrete pump.
- General construction works.
Possible Impact: Some noise and vibration from crane operations, excavation plant, manoeuvring machines and pneumatic tools and hammers.
- Geothermal works – borehole drilling.
Possible Impact: Some noise, vibration and dust from drilling activities. Noise and dust monitors have been installed to ensure levels are maintained within prescribed limits. Additional noise and vibration from manoeuvring machines, removal of spoil and concrete pumping into the boreholes.
ASHBY POWER LAB
Works on the refurbishment of the laboratory and office areas at 1st floor of the Ashby Lab Block for EEEECS are ongoing and currently programmed for completion in November 2021.
- Contractor’s Site Compound: The Contractor has set up his compound within the space to the west of the Ashby Laboratory Block (refer to attached drawing).
Possible Impact: Impact limited to the loss of space, which is normally available for external storage, until November 2021.
- Second Fix Mechanical and Electrical: Second fix M&E works are ongoing.
Possible Impact: Some noise from power and cutting tools is likely from the site.
- Ceiling and Joinery Installations: Ongoing.
Possible Impact: Some noise from power tools is likely from the site.