Welcome to your December Newsletter. It’s been a jam-packed semester of careers events and activities. If you missed any of it, you can catch up on our past events page.
One of the most interesting lessons we’ve learned from our Employer Panel series this semester is that career success is not always linear. You don’t need to feel stuck by preconceived notions of what you think you ‘should’ be doing. Create your own unique path.
It doesn’t matter if that path appears to zig zag - as long as you are guided by a common theme of playing to your strengths, growing and learning in your work then you are in the right place.
Challenge and change can be scary, but not as scary as feeling stuck where you don’t belong. As we look ahead to 2021, bear in mind that your possibilities are endless if you keep an open mind and stay agile.
Enjoy your Christmas break and I'll be back in touch in Semester 2.
Interested in Clinical Pharmaceutical Science? The NHS STP for England and Wales will open in January. This is a competitive programme so do your research now!
Some graduate opportunities you may have missed:
- Kingspan – Graduate Opportunities (various locations Ireland)
- Reach Separations – Graduate Chemist – Separation Scientist (Nottingham)
- Openreach – Project Management, Technical Consultant (Various locations including Belfast)
- BAT – Graduate Scientist – Toxicology (Southampton)
- 3M Graduate Manufacturing Technology Engineer (Bangor)
Hands up who is due some good luck in 2021?
How would you like to win a £500 gift card to spend in a shop of your choice including Amazon, Argos, ASOS, GAME, JD Sports, John Lewis and M&S?
To be with a chance of winning, all you have to do is take part in the Trendence Student Survey. It takes just 15 minutes to complete and you’d be doing your bit to help us out, too, which has got to be good karma, right?
Tell us by taking the survey today.
The season of goodwill is almost upon us. If you’ve been thinking about how you can give back in 2020 and beyond, why not consider volunteering? Volunteering can not only give you a serious dose of feel-good vibes, but you will also boost your CV in the process – especially when it allows you to earn our Degree Plus employability award in the process.
- Free student membership of the Institute of Directors- fantastic opportunity to build your professional network and improve your commercial awareness. This membership gives you access to networking events and a vacancy board of internships and work placements. Free places are allocated on a first come, first served basis, so snap one up before it's too late. Apply via the Institute of Director’s site from 7 December using the code QUB2021
- Army Officer insight webinar - Wednesday 9th December 12-2pm
Did you know we have a whole library of digital publications on our website for you to explore? There’s lots of essential reading to help you on your career journey, including:
- GradIreland Guide 2021
- Inside Careers guides
- Prospects Student Career Guide 2020/2021
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers
Check out our digital publications here and start building a vision for your future today.
- There is tailored information for you on the Careers website: - Information for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering students.
- We also have useful advice on the website about CVs, interviews and psychometric tests.
- If you would like some additional support, you can book an appointment to speak to a Careers Consultant via MyFuture-> Book an appointment