Pre-viva submissions continue to be electronic.
Student must send final thesis as a PDF accompanied by a signed pre-viva submission form to their supervisor or school PGR office.
- On behalf of the student, Supervisor/School must submit the final thesis and signed submission form (signed by both student and supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org via QUB Dropoff (https://dropoff.qub.ac.uk/) to verify that this is the final approved copy for examination. The Dropoff Recipient is email@example.com. Student should also be added as a dropbox Recipient by School.
- Approval of the examiners must already be completed on Qsis as usual, or the submission will be rejected until that time, in line with normal procedure.
- The Thesis team will email the student and sender to confirm receipt.
- Paperwork (letter of instruction, viva report forms etc.) will be emailed to the examiners as Word documents*, with a soft copy of the thesis, by Student Registry.
If you have any further queries please see https://www.qub.ac.uk/home/coronavirus-faqs/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1) A Notice of Intention to Submit is submitted via your Qsis account - this should be completed approximately 3 months prior to your intended submission date to allow time for your examiners to be appointed.
2) Check that the wording of your title is exactly the same as stated on your Notice of Intention to Submit and that the title of the thesis is approved by the School Postgraduate Research Committee (you can check this via your supervisor). If your title does not match that on your QSIS record you must inform your School office to have this updated.
3) Examiners are appointed. Your School will notify you when your examiners have been approved and appointed. You may not submit before the Nomination of your examiners is fully completed.
4) The submission form is completed and signed by both you and your supervisor.
5) Submit an electronic copy of your Thesis, following the steps in the section above.
6) Student Registry will email your thesis and the relevant reports to each of your examiners your School will be in touch with you regarding arrangements for your viva examination.