Softbound Submission Process
1) A Notice of Intention to Submit is submitted via your Qsis account - this should be completed approximately 3 months prior to your intended submission date to allow time for your examiners to be appointed.
2) Check that the wording of your title is exactly the same as stated on your Notice of Intention to Submit and that the title of the thesis is approved by the School Postgraduate Research Committee (you can check this via your supervisor). If your title does not match that on your QSIS record you must inform your School office to have this updated.
3) Examiners are appointed. Your School will notify you when your examiners have been approved and appointed. You may not submit before the Nomination of your examiners is fully completed.
4) The "Thesis Submission Form" is completed and signed by both you and your supervisor. Original signature is required (if you are struggling in obtaining an original signature please contact email@example.com for advice). Please bring one loose submission form along with you when you submit. Do not bind this submission form into the front of your thesis.
5) Submit 2 softbound copies of your Thesis to the Exams Office at Student Registry. We are located on the First Floor of the Student Guidance Centre.
6) If you cannot submit in person, you can have someone submit on your behalf so long as you have given them your signed submission form along with your submission copies. You may also post your thesis to us if you are not located in Belfast (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know so that we can expect their arrival).
7) Once you have successfully submitted you will receive a receipt from Student Registry.
8) Student Registry will then post your thesis copies to each of your examiners along with the report forms for your viva - your School will be in touch with you regarding arrangements for your viva examination.