Welcome to the Student Section of our website. There is a wide range of support you can get from the Student Wellbeing Service which is outlined here. If you aren't sure of what support you need, feel free to contact us to meet with a member of the team.Contact Us
We have a variety of support options to help you to protect and maintain your wellbeing, including:
- Wellbeing on Weekdays events and activities
- Wellbeing webinars to support your studies
- Campaign events and National Flag Day activities
Wellbeing Action Tip - Be Well:
You don't need to be struggling to access these events. The Take 5 Steps to Wellbeing are designed to be built into our daily lives to help us to Be Well.
We can offer you one-to-one guidance and help signpost you to the most appropriate type of support.
- Daily drop-in clinic
- Self-help hub
- Guided support courses
- Therapeutic group work sessions
Wellbeing Action Tip - Stay Well:
Reach out early for support to prevent minor issues beocming major problems.
Wellbeing self-help resources and guided support are strategies to help us to Stay Well.
We can offer you one-to-one consultations and therapeutic support such as coaching and counselling.
- One-to-one consultations
- Safe and Healthy Relationships advice and guidance
- Guided therapeutic interventions e.g. WRAP and low-level Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Psycho-education: Beating the Blues, Living Life to the Full, Managing Stress.
- Psychological therapy including Inspire Counselling.
Wellbeing Action Tip - Feel Well:
How we think impacts how we feel. How we feel impacts how we live and interact.
Emotional therapies and supports can help us understand this cycle and reframe our thought patterns to get back on track and Feel Well.
If we feel you may be at risk, we will assess your needs and put appropriate treatment and support in place.
- Risk management
- Safety planning
- GP Referral
- Community Mental Health Service (CAMHS - Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service/ Home Treatment Team)
- Mental Health Liaison Team
- Student Mental Health Service (Belfast Health and Social Care Trust)
Wellbeing Action Tip - Get Well:
Statistics show that a significant percentage of the population will require mental health treatment in their lifetime. Professional medical support can offer the assessment, treatment and support to help us Get Well.