As a recognised family friendly employer, Queen's have three childcare sites on campus, offering quality childcare services for staff and students.
Childcare Services at Queen's offer a range of affordable childcare support in campus with full day care provision for children from 6 weeks to 4 years at the Creche sites at 11 College Gardens and 1 Rugby Road. There is also an After School Club located at 5 Rugby Road for children from Primary 1 to Primary 7 including a daily school collection facility.
All childcare sites promote the ethos of a happy, caring atmosphere within a stimulating and learning environment and are registered with the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
Places are currently available across all age groups - please contact Karen McCormick, Childcare Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:02890 662146 for further information or to arrange a visit.
University staff can avail of the Salary Sacrifice Scheme (Childcare+) as a fee payment method.
Further information about Child Care services.
Tax Free Childcare
Staff may avail of the new Government Scheme "Tax Free Childcare". QUB staff can sign up for this directly with HMRC.
You can check your eligibility for tax free childcare.
Family Benefits Advisors from Employers for Childcare can give you further advice about Childcare Vouchers, Tax Free ChildCare and general family benefits advice.
Employers for Childcare
Freephone: 0800 028 3008
At a Glance
Who gains with the new Scheme?
- working single parents who have annual child care costs at or above £5000
- working couples with annual child care costs at or above £9500
- Self-employed couples provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
Who loses with the new Scheme?
- Couples where one parent is not working
- Couples who have a single child
- Families where the childcare costs are minimal such as those who have children at school full time and so rely on part time care from Childminders or After School Clubs
- Where either parent earns in excess of £100,000 per annum
However, if you have any particular queries about your salary sacrifice arrangements, please contact the University's Salary Office directly.
Other Useful Links