Here are some things to look out for this month.
- Kingspan - Graduate Opportunities (Cavan)
- Kerry Group - Graduate Opportunities (Nass)
- WuXi Biologics - various graduate jobs (Dundalk)
- DPS Group - Graduate Engineer - Process Department (Dublin or Cork)
- Cern - Junior Fellowship Programme (Geneva)
- INEOS - European Commercial Graduate Programme (various locations), Chemical Engineering Graduate (Grangemouth, Scotland)
- AECOM - Sustainability Graduate Consultant (various UK locations)
- P&G Graduate Scientist Product Development Manager (Newcastle upon Tyne)
- Qinetiq - Applied Science Graduate Programme - Advanced Materials (Farnborough)
- Babcock - Science and Environmental Management Graduate Programme (various UK locations)
- Nuclear Graduates - Chemistry Graduate (Cumbria)
- DXC Technology - Graduate Digital Delivery Manager (Dublin)
- PwC - Graduate Placement Technology IT (Belfast)
- EY - Assurance Graduate Programme (Belfast)
- Teach First - Trainee Science Teacher (England)
Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Mini Fair 14 January 12 - 2pm DKB Hub Cafe
Open to all year groups, this careers event will give you the opportunity to meet with industry specific employers to:
- find out more about potential employers;
- discuss areas of work you are interested in;
- find out how you can gain experience;
- discover current/future internships, placement and graduate roles on offer
Exhibitors confirmed so far include:
KTP at Queen's
DPS Group Global
- ChemCareers webinars - a series of lunch time careers webinars run by the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Go Global mini fair 15 January 12.30-2pm SGC Hub
- Study China - applications for the Summer 3 week programme are now being accepted. Come along to an information session 28 January 1-2pm SGC Hub
- J1 Work Visa information session run by the Irish International Immigrant Centre 29 January 1-2pm SGC Hub
- International Student Employability Programme 27 January 10-12 This is the first of a series of 3 workshops for international students to improve employability.
- Stock Market Challenge 29 January 5-7pm Computer Science Building - simulated stock market exercise. No knowledge of finance is required. Prizes are available to the winners including Insight Days with local companies.
- Huawei Seeds for the future internship - 4 week experience with Huawei in China. All expenses are paid by the company.
- Free student membership of IOD - a great way to build commercial awareness and knowledge of a variety of business areas
- Global Opportunities drop-in service - Come along to find out about the range of study, work or volunteering opportunities available to Queen's students. The drop in's will run every Tues & Thurs, 12-1pm, in the Student Guidance Centre, Level 1.
- There are a range of other activities that you could engage with while you are at University. Have a look at the Degree Plus website to get some inspiration.
- SkillUp - Develop your personal brand with Allstate 13 January 12-2pm SGC Hub
- Employer Panel - Careers in Business and Management 15 January 4-6pm SGC Hub
- SkillUp - Knowling your strengths with First Derivatives 21 January - 12-2pm SGC Hub
- EEECS IT mini fair 21 January - 12-2pm Computer Science Building
- Work experience and placement fair 22 January - 11am-3pm Whitla and South Dining Hall
- Employer Panel - Careers in the public sector and Not for Profit 22 January - 4-6pm SGC Hub
- SkillUp - Future skills with EY 23 January 12-2pm SGC Hub
- There is tailored information for you on the Careers website: - Information for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering students.
- We also have useful advice on the website about CVs, interviews and psychometric tests.
- If you would like some additional support, you can book an appointment to speak to a Careers Consultant via MyFuture-> Appointments -> Book an appointment
- If you haven't got Degree Plus already take a look at the Degree Plus website for ideas of how you can achieve accreditation.