- Discover routes to Degree Plus and gain accreditation for extra-curricular activities you are involved in
- Get involved with Development Weeks and explore activities outside of teaching time
- Find out more about work and study abroad opportunities to internationalise your degree
- Consider applying for Project Children - an 8 week paid internship in the USA. Internships are provided in many fields and the application deadline is generally in spring.
- Build your skills by doing voluntary work through Volunteer SU or via Volunteer Now
- Explore what organisations such as BUNAC, CCUSA, Camp America and Projects Abroad offer to ensure you make the most of your summer holidays
- See the British Council's Study and Work outside the UK pages for further opportunities
- Participate in Insight into Management to build your business skills and commercial awareness
- Apply for the Global Leadership Programme to develop leadership and project management skills
- Attend careers fairs and employer events. These happen all year round and will be advertised on MyFuture
- Level 1
- Keep an eye out for engineering opportunities open to level 1 students such as the Randox Apex programme
- Are you interested in teaching? Consider the Teach First Taster Programme
- Interested in Banking and Finance? Apply for the Stock Market Challenge and company-specific “Insight” schemes e.g. Bank of England, Deloitte, EY, JP Morgan, KPMG, PwC
- Level 2
Look for relevant summer work and build your skills throughout the academic year:
- Large companies in all sectors interested in engineering students offer year-long placements and summer internships. MyFuture, Ratemyplacement, Prospects, Targetjobs, and GradIreland are useful sites for finding these. Gradcracker is a particularly useful site for finding STEM placements and internships. Many of the deadlines are set around December or earlier so it’s best to start applying in autumn
- Consider applying for IAESTE to internationalise your work experience
- Interested in Banking and Finance? A lot of the big companies run summer internship programmes e.g. Bank of England Barclays, Citi, Deloitte, EY, HSBC, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, PwC, Standard Life, RBS and a few run year-long placements e.g. Deloitte, EY, First Derivatives, KPMG and PwC. Apply early in the autumn term!
- Interested in Teaching? Gain some classroom-based experience in preparation for PGCE applications in final year.
- Interested in teaching? Consider applying for the Teach First two week Insight Programme or you can still apply for their Taster Programme if you are on a 4 year pathway
- Level 3
- Apply early for graduate schemes and / or postgraduate study. Be aware of very early closing dates for some postgraduate courses such as the PGCE.
- Access help with any aspect of the recruitment process - CVs, application forms, interview skills, psychometric tests and assessment centres by booking a Career Consultation
Post Graduate Taught
- Apply early for graduate schemes
- Access help with any aspect of the recruitment process - CVs, application forms, interview skills, psychometric tests, assessment centres by booking a Career Consultation
- Post Graduate Research
- Discover Careers support for PGR students
- Plus above opportunities for any year.