Greta Campbell has moved to a new role at Queen's and I am now the Careers Consultant linked with your school. There are some great events taking place this month and some great opportunities to look out for to develop your skills.
Some placement opportunities to consider:
- CK International - Mechanical Design Placement Engineer (Dungannon)
- Ryobi - Engineering placement (Carrickfergus)
- Caterpillar - Manufacturing Engineer (Larne)
- Thales - Engineering internship (Belfast)
- Red Bull placements - Aerodynamics Analysis, Aerodynamics Development, Aerodynamics Tech (Milton Keynes)
- Qinetiq - Aerospace Engineering year in industry (Wiltshire)
- Airbus - Space & Systems internships (Stevenage, Portsmouth)
- University Exchange Programme to Australia and Canada - Information session 14 January 1-2pm SGC Hub
- Go Global mini fair 15 January 12.30-2pm SGC Hub
- International Student Employability Programme 27 January 10-12 This is the first of a series of 3 workshops for international students to improve employability.
- Study China - applications for the Summer 3 week programme are now being accepted. Come along to an information session 28 January 1-2pm SGC Hub
- J1 Work Visa information session run by the Irish International Immigrant Centre 29 January 1-2pm SGC Hub
- Stock Market Challenge 29 January 5-7pm Computer Science Building - simulated stock market exercise. No knowledge of finance is required. Prizes are available to the winners including Insight Days with local companies.
- Huawei Seeds for the future internship - 4 week experience with Huawei in China. All expenses are paid by the company.
- Free student membership of IOD - a great way to build commercial awareness and knowledge of a variety of business areas
- Global Opportunities drop-in service - Come along to find out about the range of study, work or volunteering opportunities available to Queen's students. The drop in's will run every Tues & Thurs, 12-1pm, in the Student Guidance Centre, Level 1.
- There are a range of other activities that you could engage with while you are at University. Have a look at the Degree Plus website to get some inspiration.
- SkillUp - Develop your personal brand with Allstate 13 January 12-2pm SGC Hub
- Employer Panel - Careers in Business and Management 15 January 4-6pm SGC Hub
- SkillUp - Knowling your strengths with First Derivatives 21 January - 12-2pm SGC Hub
- EEECS IT mini fair 21 January - 12-2pm Computer Science Building
- Work experience and placement fair 22 January - 11am-3pm Whitla and South Dining Hall
- Employer Panel - Careers in the public sector and Not for Profit 22 January - 4-6pm SGC Hub
- SkillUp - Future skills with EY 23 January 12-2pm SGC Hub
- There is tailored information for you on the Careers website: - Information for Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering students.
- We also have useful advice on the website about CVs, interviews and psychometric tests.
- If you would like some additional support, you can book an appointment to speak to a Careers Consultant via MyFuture-> Appointments -> Book an appointment
- You can gain Degree Plus accreditation for engaging in extra-curricular activities. Find more information on the Degree Plus website.