- Think about university courses and what qualifications (A-levels/BTECs) are required.
- Research university Open Days, Summer Schools, Taster Days, etc.
- Plan and think about work experience
- Exam time - practice or AS exams
- Attend university Open Days and Summer schools etc.
- Gain work experience in the relevant area
- Think about UCAS application and personal statement – start draft
- Mid October is the UCAS deadline for most courses in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine and Dentistry
- Mid January is the UCAS deadline for applying for the majority of university courses. Up to 5 courses can be chosen, in different universities.
- Attend offer holder days and/or interviews
- UCAS Extra opens in February
- Applications to Student Finance
- Review chosen universities - should hear back the chosen universities by the end of March
- Interview Board results arrive at the beginning of July
- A-level/BTEC results are released in the middle of August
- Acceptance of offers if grades obtained
- If grades higher or lower than expected enter Adjustment or Clearing
- Start preparing to go to university!