A Bite of Queen's
The Lanyon Building
Opened in 1849. Designed by Sir Charles Lanyon.
Our University estate comprises more than 250 buildings, 98 of which are listed. The Lanyon Building, which opened in 1849 and is named after its architect Sir Charles Lanyon, is the centrepiece of the estate.
This tour will give you an insight into the history of the building, some of the stories and people who have brought the Lanyon to life over the years and highlight the importance philanthropy has played in its restoration and refurbishment. Find out about the former University Secretary who was a circus ringmaster, the cardiologist who invented the life-saving equipment carried on every airplane and the engineer who secretly designed the first remote-controlled bomb disposal device.
Scroll through tour photographs submitted by colleagues.
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11