Skip to Content

Part-time work

Queen’s University is dedicated to enhancing student employability by providing our students with real work experience on campus. We have a range of opportunities with flexible working hours, to suit and complement the student learning experience.

You will not be guaranteed to find a job when you are studying at Queen's and you must make sure that you will have enough money to support yourself without a job before you come to Queen's. However, finding a job can be a worthwhile experience and will help you to meet people, practice English and get to know more about the culture of Belfast.

Q-Work: Register your interest in working on casual basis on Queen's Campus 

External job hunting websites:

Information about Part-time work for International Students

In order to undertake paid employment in the UK, you will need a National Insurance (NI) number.  

It is important to note that if you have been granted permission on your visa and you are enrolled on a full-time course of study, you are permitted to work in the UK. Depending on your course of study, you will be granted permission to work 10 or 20 hours per week during term-time and full-time during vacation periods. However you must check with your School, as there may be further restrictions by the University on your working hours. If you are unsure of whether you are allowed to work, or how many hours you are allowed to work, please contact Immigration Student Support service.

Get advice from current student bloggers

7 Places to find part-time work while studying at Queen's

Blogs about Careers, Employability and Global Opportunities