The Library is committed to providing equal access to its resources and services for all users. If you have any questions or comments about the Library and its services, or suggestions of ways in which they can be improved, contact Sally Bridge, the Information Services Disability Co-ordinator:
Tel: 028 9097 6145
If you are a student with a disability, many of our standard Library services will help you during your studies at Queen's. For example:
- Books may be returned at any Queen’s Library
- Books may be renewed online or by telephone
- Many Library resources are available electronically and are accessible from home
- We send out email reminders 2 days before Standard and 7 Night Loan books are due for return
Communicating with the Library has never been easier. If you need to get in touch you can contact us by email, phone or Twitter. You can also ask any member of Library staff for infomation or assistance.
Additional support is also available to help you make the best use of the Library. The following services can be arranged for you through the Disability Services Office:
- One to one orientation tours of the Library and catalogue sessions
- Increased loan periods on 1 and 2 Night Loan items
- Assistance with renewals and reservations
- Book fetching service
- Accessible, priority seating at one desk by the atrium on each floor of the McClay Library and at 6 desks in the Biomedical Library
- Priority Desk Booking service
- Accessible book formats
Accessing Queen's Libraries
For information on how to access different Queen's libraries, and emergency vacation procedures, please contact the appropriate library, or visit the Library access webpages. Prospective students are welcome to visit the Queen's libraries - contact us for further information.
Degree subject enquiries
Your Library contact can arrange a subject specific induction for you. Alternatively, you can get in touch with the relevant subject librarian directly.
Further information on available support for disabled students at Queen’s is available here.