Online resources for a career in the Arts
Below are some useful websites and resources for anyone interested in a career in the arts, including signposting to graduate opportunities, short courses, job sites, teaching, and resources for the screen industry.
Interpreting and Translating
- The Chartered Institute of Linguists offers a Diploma in Translation and a Diploma in Public Service Interpreting.
- The Institute of Translation & Interpreting - professional association for translators and interpreters in the UK
- National Network for Interpreting - for students to find out about careers in interpreting.
- National Network for Translation - engages with national and international communities in order to address issues such as national shortage of first language English translators and interpreters and concentration on Western European Languages in current HE translation course provision.
- Association Internationale des Interpretes de Conference - routes into Conference Interpreting
- The European Commission has two separate language services, the Directorate-General for Translation and the Directorate-General for Interpretation These recruit staff independently of each other and according to different criteria.
- Inbox Translation - recruit freelance translators and interpreters
- Translation Directory - gateway for freelance translators and translation agencies.
Hospitality and Events Management
- Association of Event Organisers (AEO)
- Campaign Jobs
- Albany Appointments
- ESP Recruitment
- Live Recruitment
- Berkeley Scott - hospitality recruitment consultants.
- Jobs in Hotels
- The Caterer
- Hospitality Guild
- The Caterer - magazine available in printed or electronic format on a subscription basis, contains jobs and covers the latest issues, trends and developments affecting the hospitality industry.
- Websites of major hotel groups e.g. Intercontinental Hotels Group, Hilton Hotel Group
- National and local press.
- Directory of Design Consultants
- Marketing and Creative Handbook