A survey of graduates 6 months after graduation reveals that Queen's graduates from these programmes have recently gone into the following:
- International Studies (Jobs): Associate Accountant, Deputy Manager, Civil Servant, Support Officer
- International Studies (Further Study): MA Violence Terrorism and Security, MA Intelligence and International Security, MA Social Justice and Conflict Transformation, MA Political & Social Science
- Philosophy (Jobs): House Manager of an Arts Centre, Mortgage Consultant, Business Officer for Political Party
- Philosophy (Further Study): MA Globalisation and Multinational Corporations, Masters in Law
- Politics (Jobs):Accounts Executive, Compliance Officer, Economic Policy Adviser, Student Officer, Financial Analyst, Researcher to an MSP, Economics and Policy Consultant, Purchasing and Marketing Manager
- Politics (Further Study): MA Legislative Studies and Practice, PhD Anthropology, MA Violence, Terrorism and Security, MA International relations, PhD International Relations, MA Conflict Transformation & Social Justice, PGCE Politics, MSc Software Development
Some Recent Employers: Ernst & Young, Northern Ireland Civil Service, Paddy Power, Lloyds Bank Group, Chambre Public Affairs, HM Treasury, Citi Group.
Non-graduate jobs: As with all programmes at all universities, some graduates have not gone into graduate level work. Recent roles have included: Banking Advisor, Sales Assistant and Administrative Assistant.
There can be many reasons to explain this including saving for further study, getting relevant work experience, wanting to take some time-out, but often it is due to a lack of career planning prior to graduating. Reviewing these careers resources and taking advantage of opportunities to Go Further will help to ensure that you fulfil your career potential. If you wish to book an appointment to discuss your options and plan your career you can do this through myfuture.
The National picture: What do graduates do? is an annual report showing the national picture of graduate destinations.