The Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) tool will allow you to change your password, reset your password if you have forgotten it or unlock your account if it is locked, for example if you have tried signing in too many times with an incorrect password.
Before you can use SSPR, you must be registered.
Registered means having two (2) or more valid authentication methods set up. In order of preference, it is recommended to use the MS Authenticator App, a non-Queen's email address or a landline phone number.
If you already use multi-factor authentication (MFA) you may already have done this.
Further information on MFA is available on the Digital and Information Services Web Pages.
Preparing for SSPR
To check that your account is ready to use the SSPR tool:
- Sign into your account at https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info.
- Make sure you have at least 2 verification methods set up.
- If you don’t already have two verification methods set up, or would like to add additional methods, choose Add method. Please note: The University does NOT use 'App password.'
- Choose your preferred method(s) and follow the prompts to set up.
- You can set up multiple additional methods if desired.
If you’ve forgotten your password, you won’t be able to sign into your account to check that your account is ready to use the SSPR tool. In this circumstance please contact the IT Service Desk.
Download SSPR Guidance Document
You can download a guidance document with associated screenshots here: