Studying in the Library
Start here to find out key information about studying in the Library this year.
When you are using the physical library space, please note the following:
- You are required to wear a face covering at all times whilst in the Library.
- Hand sanitising and cleaning stations are available throughout the libraries. Please use these to clean your study space before and after use.
- Follow any directional guidance in place.
- You may only bring covered drinks into the Library. Food can be eaten in the Student Lounge area in the McClay Library but not in any other Library space. Chilled water dispensers are available in the student lounge area.
- There are different zones in the Libraries: whisper or silent. Seats cannot be reserved and remember to take your belongings with you when you leave.
- Group Study Rooms are available and can be booked through Queen's Online. Further detail about what is available in each room is available through the booking system.
If you would like to visit Special Collections and Archives, please note that access is available on an appointment basis only. Please refer to the Special Collections webpages for further details about the appointment system, and how to book an appointment.
Full information about the Library's print and online collections and resources is available on the Library website. Please have a look to see what is available to you, and remember to make contact with your subject librarian if you need assistance.
If you are a new student at Queen's, have a look at our new student guide, containing the 4 things you need to know now to get started. Keep your identity safe, and don't share your QUB password, student card or app.
Staff are available to offer help, support and to answer queries. You can speak to a member of staff at our service points, like the Borrower Services Desks in any of the library branches or our Enquiry Desks (Floor 1 or 2, McClay Library). You can also make contact with a member of staff via Library Chat, email or social media. Visit the Contact Us webpages to find further details.