Ongoing Careers Support
You can continue to use the Careers service for up to 2 years after you graduate. There is a lot of information on our website about advice with CVs, interviews, psychometric tests etc and how to access 1:1 Career Consultations. Remember, a good place to look for opportunities is through the Careers Information for Maths & Physics – Relevant Job Websites.
Many graduate schemes are NOW OPEN for application including (but not limited to):
- Nucleargraduates opportunities in a number of companies - particularly for Physics students
- Wellcome Trust - shaping the future of science-related research
- Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Mott Macdonald - Graduate Mathematical Modeller (Cambridge)
- AECOM - Graduate Building Physics Engineer (UK and Ireland)
- Babcock Physics programme
- National Audit Office – Graduate Accountancy Scheme
- TK Maxx Crime and Analytics Graduate Programme (Watford)
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car Management Trainee
The Graduate Recruitment and Placement Fair (17-19th Oct) is a great place to meet potential future employers. You may be particularly interested in exhibitors attending on day 2 including:
- Companies specialising in IT and/or Data Science such as: Allstate, AquaQ Analytics, Kainos, First Derivatives, IBM and Intel Ireland
- Banking & Finance companies such as: Citi and Danske Bank
- Professional Services companies such as: Deloitte , EY, KPMG and PwC
- Engineering, Technology & Telecoms companies such as: Andor, BT Camlin Group and Dow
- British Council will be at the fair to talk about their IAESTE internships abroad. This is a great way for final year or penultimate year students to gain relevant work experience. Applications open in a couple of weeks! See what recent graduate Eamon Byrne says about his IAESTE experience.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare and make the most of the fair.