Applications open for MPharm students for Pre-Reg Training.
Make sure your CV is up to date and you are familiar with recruitment and selection processes. Attend careers workshops, careers fairs and get one to one support by booking a careers consultation at MyFuture
BSc students should start to research placement opportunities.
- Research opportunities for summer and year out placement at MyFuture, relevant job websites and ABPI Careers website.
- Apply early for summer and year out placements. Many companies have early applications deadlines in the autumn.
- Consider other opportunities such as;
Internship opportunities for any degree discipline
Many large companies in other sectors offer year-long placements and summer internships to students of any degree discipline. MyFuture, Ratemyplacement, Prospects, Targetjobs and Gradcracker are useful sites for finding these. Many of the deadlines are set around December so it’s best to start applying in autumn.
- Consider applying for Project Children– 8 week paid internship in the US. Internships are provided in many fields. Application deadline is in spring.
- Banking and Finance companies value highly numerate graduates regardless of degree discipline. Consider one of their summer internship programmes e.g. Barclays, Deloitte, EY, HSBC, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, PwC, Standard Life and a few run year-long placements e.g. Deloitte, EY, First Derivatives, KPMG and PwC. Apply early in the autumn term!
- Plus above opportunities for any year.