Happy New Year to all Arts, English and Languages students. If you need any inspiration for your new year’s resolutions, this is the newsletter for you.
Global and Leadership Opportunities
Learn about all of Careers, Employability and Skills Semester 2 Programmes here
More information below about some select programmes
Insight into Management is an excellent opportunity for students of any discipline or level to work as part of a team to complete a range of business games and challenges. Applications open in MyFuture 22 January
- Leadership in Practice is a personal development programme delivered by Queen’s University Officer Training Corps (QUOTC). Applications open in MyFuture 13 Jan.
Come along to the Go Global Mini Fair and find out about ways you can add an international dimension to your university experience.
Wednesday 15th Jan 12pm – 2pm, Student Guidance Centre.
Information sessions in the Student Guidance Centre about other Global Opportunities in January
- Free Student Membership of the Institute of Directors worth £75. Applications should be made through MyFuture with membership awarded on a first come first served basis to the first 100 applicants.
International Students Employability Programme runs again in Semester 2 with the first session on 27th Jan, 10am – 12pm in the Student Guidance Centre.
A series of 3 interactive sessions for International Students. Attendance and participation at the three workshops will give Degree Plus Route B accreditation.
Workshop 1, 27th Jan, 10am-12pm
Workshop 2, 3rd Feb, 10am-12pm
Workshop 3, 10th Feb, 10am-12pm
Some graduate opportunities you may have missed:
Meddeas (Multilingual Education Development & Support)
- Some useful sites for the job search
Work Experience & Placement Fair, Wednesday 22 January 2020, 11am – 3pm, Whitla and South Dining Halls
Don’t miss out on opportunities for: internships, voluntary work, vacation jobs, work & study abroad opportunities, year-long & short-term placements.
Develop your skills by coming along to our lunch time Skill Up Sessions in January.
Student Guidance Centre, 12pm – 2pm.
Develop Your Brand, Monday 13th January.
Knowing your Strengths, Tuesday 21st January.
Future Skills, Thursday 23rd January.
Don’t miss out on our Employer Panels.
Student Guidance Centre, 4pm – 6pm.
Business and Management, 15th January
Public Sector, Not for Profit and more..., 22nd January
- There is tailored information for you on the Careers Website - AEL.
- We also have useful advice on the website about CVs, interviews and psychometric tests.
- If you would like some additional support, you can book an appointment to speak to a Careers Consultant via MyFuture-> Appointments -> Book an appointment
You can gain Degree Plus accreditation for engaging in extra-curricular activities. Find more information on the Degree Plus website.