Advanced Project Management
22/05/2019 - 22/05/2019
10:00AM - 4:00PM
Graduate School TR7
Participants will be introduced to tried and tested management techniques for dealing with complex and ill-defined projects.
During this 1-day course, participants will:
• Learn about initiating complex projects and programmes including reconciling stakeholder priorities and constituting the project board
• Prioritise multiple projects, establishing the project slate and calculate the cost of changed priorities
• Be aware of phased project delivery, distinguishing needs and wants and avoiding "gold plating"
• Understand establishing a project office and defining function and responsibility
• Learn effective work allocation including scheduling multiple tasks and Goldratt's Theory of Constraints
• Understand different project types and alternative project management methodologies
• Learn to employ Earned Value Analysis (EVA), computing CV, SV, CPI, SVI, and predicting likely outcomes
• Appreciate ethics and professionalism in projects and the need to comply with rigorous standards of behaviour