Changing Your Password
Once your account is ready to use the SSPR tool, you can change your password at https://go.qub.ac.uk/changepassword.
If you’re not already signed into Office 365, you will be prompted to sign in and may be asked to verify your identity using one of your additional verification methods.
When you change your password, it will be changed across all central Queen’s services where you use your staff/student number as your username. Please follow the guidance under the Password Complexity section below.
Resetting a forgotten password or unlocking your account
You can reset your password if you have forgotten it or unlock your account if it is locked (for example, if you’ve entered the wrong password several times) at https://go.qub.ac.uk/forgotpassword.
- Enter your QUB email address and complete the verification puzzle.
- Choose whether you would like to reset your password or unlock your account.
- Choose a verification method. You will need to use two different methods to reset your password or unlock your account.
- Once you’ve completed the verification process you will be able to set a new password or your account will be unlocked.
- You can then sign back in as normal.
Complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created. Please follow this guidance when changing or resetting your password.
- be at least 8 characters long
- contain characters from three of the following categories
- uppercase letters
- lowercase letters
- number 0 through 9
- non-alphanumeric characters (for example ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & *)
- not include part of your name or username
- not be repeatedly reused
To make your password more secure, it is also advisable to:
- avoid using a password that can be easily guessed (for example birthday, maiden name or family name)
- avoid using words that can be found in the dictionary
- avoid using a password that is similar to a previous one
Download SSPR Guidance Document
You can download a guidance document with associated screenshots here: