We are committed to offering students, teaching staff and career guidance professionals expert, up-to-date advice, information and support on the range of career options available to our students.
We encourage students and staff to get in touch to discover how the Careers, Employability and Skills Team can help your students achieve their future ambitions.
Staff with interests in student development and employability, Personal Tutors and those with student project supervision, advice or support roles are asked to encourage them to consider and get involved in DegreePlus / ResearcherPlus
Guidance on how Personal Tutors, in particular, can refer and encourage their students towards gaining the DegreePlus Award is provided in the Personal Tutor Handbook.
The Careers Team is happy to support personal tutors in any way we can.
Our Careers and Placement Consultants work with academics in Schools to ensure that all students have access to bespoke Careers advise relevant to their study stage. Alternatively, you can email careers and we will direct you accordingly.
MyFuture is Queen’s online Careers portal. Your students can use it to book events and appointments and to search for jobs and employers. You can support their career journey by:
- Prompting them to register for MyFuture where they can book employability enhancing activities and programmes and search for jobs and opportunities
- Encouraging them to participate in clubs and societies at Queen’s and to volunteer.
- Urging them to gain accreditation for extracurricular activities through the DegreePlus
- Suggesting they start exploring career options by reading alumni success stories on the Careers website and blog.
- Reminding them to build up work-related experience through internships and placements
- Reassuring them that CV, application and interview help, support and advice is available by booking a one-to-one consultation with a Careers Advisor.
As the University’s principal point of contact with employers, our Employer Engagement Team can leverage our powerful network to support staff at Faculty and School level as they work to source placements and work-related learning activities.
We are dedicated to cultivating strong employer relationships so we can work in partnership with our colleagues across the wider University to secure jobs and work experience for our students.
Each Faculty has a dedicated Employer Engagement Team member who will work as your trusted partner to understand your needs and to communicate them to employers. Get in touch using the buttons below.
Our Business Operations team manage and analyse University-wide surveys to facilitate a data driven approach to student development. We use survey data to inform our Careers Service provision and to improve the student experience.