Reflection - What I need to ask myself:
- What is important to me at work?
- What are my strengths? (What energises me?)
- How can I make better use of my strengths?
- In what areas would I like to develop?
- How does my current role make use of my strengths?
- How can I make my best contribution?
- What area of work would make good use of my strengths?
- How do I want to develop? i.e. vertically, laterally etc.
Action - Accessing support:
Some resources that may be useful at this stage:
In line with University and Public Health guidance, all face-to-face learning and development events have been paused. Where possible these events are continuing through online delivery and we are identifying new ways in which staff can continue with their personal development at this time.
Tools and Guides:
Note: To access the following'Amazing if' free resources, you need to register with Amazingif.com. On the top menu bar, click ‘Learn with us’, click ‘Squiggly Career Resources’ and ‘Enroll for free’. Once enrolled, visit either 'Career Tip Videos', Ten Minute Tools, or PodPlus podcasts and select the relevant link.
- Career Storytelling - Career Tip Video
- How to build your personal brand - Career Tip Video
- How to develop your career confidence - PodPlus
- Whole life career management - Ten Minute Tools