A screenshot of a typical list of file download links on a live web page:
There are two key steps to carry out when creating a file download:
You will need the file on your computer, ready to upload and saved as a PDF.
You can save any MS document such as Word or Powerpoint as a PDF. This helps ensure your web page is adhering to the latest Accessibility regulations
Uploading a file is exactly the same as creating a new piece of content on a web page.
Once the file is uploaded, you then create a Content Link to this piece of content, from the required location within your site.
1. From the Content menu, click Create Content
2. Click on the section Filestore in your Site Structure
3. Click on the DTP-File Upload content type from the available list (you can use the Filter field to help you locate the content type)
4. In the Name field, type a descriptive name for the piece of content
5. In the File to Upload field, click to browse your computer for the required file
6. Click Save Changes
7. Approve the piece of content
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11