The Service is for
Queen's Online (QOL) is a secure managed environment in which staff and students can access online resources and services. Services are accessed via staff or student number and password. One of the key services is the QOL portal which provides the route into a range of key online services. Another key service is the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which is available to all staff and students.
To login to Queen's Online, please visit http://www.qol.qub.ac.uk/
- Staff Login: Staff use the username and password supplied by Queen's Online as your login details. Your username is ads\ followed by your staff number and your password is your email password.
- Student Login: Students can gain access to Queen's Online using their ads\student number as your username (i.e. the number as it appears on your student card) and by using their normal password, (i.e. the password used to logon in the Student Computer Centres). This information is supplied to all students at registration.
Users can contact the Service Desk as follows:
- Portal Services
- Library Services
- Virtual Learning Environment
- Online Assessment
- Research Applications
- Teaching Applications
- Admin Applications
Additional Support Information
The Service is available to all authorised users on a 24 / 7 / 365 basis
The Service is supported from 09:00 - 17:00, Monday to Friday, except for Public and agreed Queen’s holidays. Outside of Agreed Support Hours, access to the Service may be affected due to system upgrades, maintenance etc.
Patrick Daly, Assistant Director (Information Services) firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 028 9097 6265
- Week 3 September, Registration and Enrolment Weeks
- Coursework submission periods throughout Semesters 1 and 2.
- Core Examination period in May and june.
- Weeks 2 and 3 August, Resits
Queen’s IS Department has a standard response time to all Incidents & Requests (Available Separately). Any Incidents or Requests in relation to the Service will be responded to within the agreed timeframe. Please note that these response times refer to normal supported hours. Outside of these agreed response times, the agreed escalation points are as follows:
Level One escalation
David Robinson, Development Group Manager (Information Services)
email@example.com or Tel: 028 90976164
Level Two escalation
Patrick Daly, Assistant Director (Information Services)
firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. 028 9097 6265
Level Three escalation
Seamus Doyle, Director (Information Services)
email@example.com or Tel. 028 9097 6346