The Service is for
Business to Business
Impero is a range of remote monitoring and network management tools, which can be utilised in the educational environment, to save money, time and carbon, while increasing productivity and reducing risk. The software has been in place for just over a year, here at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Email email@example.com
- Phone +44 28 9097 6181
- Room 1.225, Second Floor McClay Library, Queen’s University Belfast
- Energy saving – PCs may be timed to turn off at different times, depending on location and need. In the McClay library PCs in the 24 hour zone remain turned on, while student PCs in other areas of the building are shut down in stages.
- Client Machine Management – Impero management staff may remotely view and manage machine states. For example, previously, it was possible for students to log in to more than one PC, now a rule in place prevents that happening.
- Classroom Management – Impero has a large number of classroom management tools, which serve to enhance the student/tutor experience. A summary of these tools are Lock/Unlock Screen, Broadcast Screen/End Broadcast Screen, Save Screenshot/Record Screen, watch Recording, View/Control Screen.
Text messaging, Send message, Live chat forum, Exam module, Quick question, Send file, Collect files, run Website/file, Assign task.
- The Impero Logviewer presents a number of predefined reporting templates and a general purpose search module. Custom searches may be defined and saved. Reports are easily exported to Excel data format. In addition, by use of SQLITE3, the application on which the report generator is based, custom reports executing on large volumes of data may be performed.
Additional Support Information
The Service is available to all authorised users during SCC opening hours.
The Service is supported from 09:00 - 17:00, Monday to Friday, except for Public and agreed Queen’s holidays. Details of which may be found at http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/WorkingLife/Holidays/ Outside of Agreed Support Hours, access to the Service may be affected due to system upgrades, maintenance etc.
Jim Cunningham, Assistant Director (Information Services)
firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. +44 28 9097 6088
- Weeks 1 – 4 January, Exam preparation and Exams
- Weeks 1 – 4 June, Exam preparation and Exams
- Weeks 2 and 3 August, Resits
To facilitate these critical times, the SCCs provide extended opening hours. These times are published in the McClay Library.
Any Incidents or Requests in relation to the Service will be responded to within a reasonable timeframe during normal business hours.
Outside of this, the agreed escalation points are as follows: