What is the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA)?
If you are resident in the UK, as a student with a disability, you may be entitled to the DSA.
The allowance can help with additional costs for:
- Specialist equipment such as a computer, assistive software and any other aids which you may require to complete your course;
- One-to-one support such as note-takers, study skills tutors and specialist dyslexia tutors;
- Consumables such as paper, ink and photocopying;
- Travel costs if your disability prevents you from being able to access public transport;
- Consideration for other additional costs such as accommodation and travel.