This is what the Contents List content type looks like:
This is an overview paragraph. It allows 100 characters.
This is our first list item - an apple. The image is 200 pixels x 200 pixels.
This field allows 1000 characters.
This is our second list item.
This is the last item in this list.
The Contents List allows you to display a list of items. Each item allows an image on the left, and an item title and item text on the right. You also have the option of adding a general list heading and overview text. You would typically use a list heading and overview text at the beginning of any list.
You can stack as many Content List items as you wish. This content type is typically used to display a list of staff, a list of facilities, a list of ingredients or any other type of list.
The Content List can be used in your main block of content. It can also be used in a side column, such as under a left hand or right hand menu.
The image dimensions for this content type are 200*200 pixels
Please use the following information to help ensure that you are using this content type correctly:
- Some of the fields have character limits as defined in the form field guidance below. Please ensure you are aware of these before planning out content using this content type.
- You should have full permission for any image you intend to use on your website.
- All images should be the correct dimensions, 200 x 200 pixels (width x height) and optmised for the web. For users that do not have access to Adobe Photoshop or a similar image editing resource, we would recommend the use of PIXLR, a free online image editing platform. This platform can be used to resize and optimise images.
- You are not required to add an Image Alt Text / Description if the image will be decorative only. Further information is available in the Text Alternatives for Images section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
- Do not create images with embedded text. The image will be inaccessible and the text will not scale across mobile and desktop devices. If an image with text is required, please use an alternative content type to display this information, such as DTP - One Horizontal.
- To link to a specific section on your website use a Section Link. The CMS automatically remembers section links, even if you need to move the linked section when restructuring or reorganising content on your website.
- To link to a specific piece of content on your website, use a Content Link. As with section links, the CMS will automatically remember the content link, even if the content is moved to another location on your website.
- When linking to an external website or resource, then use a Web Address. The full URL of the website or resource is required i.e. https://www.qub.ac.uk. Please note that the majority of websites published via the CMS are now accessed over HTTPS only.
Please use the following guidance to help make sure your content adheres to accessibility regulations:
- Do not add HTML elements such as
h1or otherwise to any of the form elements to change the structure of the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
- Do not add any CSS styling or selectors to any of the form elements to change the display of the content added to the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
- Do not create images with embedded text.
- Do not add image Alt Text / Description to your image if it is decorative. Further information is available in the Text Alternatives for Images section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
- Do make sure that the link text used is as descriptive as possible. Do not use generic link text such as 'Click Here' and 'Read More'. Further information and examples are available in the Using Links Effectively section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
Form Field Guidance
Please use the following information to help you use this Content Type effectively:
|Field Title||Information||Is it required?|
|Name||This is the name of the content block, only visible to editors of the section.||Yes|
|Heading||This is a main heading that would be a full list heading rather than a single item heading. This field would typically be empty, except for the very first instance in any list.
Maximum characters allowed: 50
|Overview Text||This is located directly underneath the heading and it typically used to provide an overview paragraph for the list. It is usually longer than the heading. This field would typically be empty, except for the very first instance in any list.
Maximum characters allowed: 100
|Image||Add your optimised image via the Media Library. Maximum image dimensions are 200 x 200 pixels.||No|
|Title||Used to display the list item title. The Title will be displayed to the right of the image.
Maximum characters allowed: 45
|Body Copy||Used for the main body of text located to the right of the image and under the Title.
Maximum characters allowed: 1000