This is what the DTP - News Story content type looks like:
Belfast boxer Carl Frampton is supporting a men’s mental health campaign at Queen’s University Belfast, which has been launched during a week of wellbeing activities and discussion.
The 'DTP - News Story' content type should be for local and university wide news articles and stories - including photos/videos, links to related academics and rich metadata for sharing.
Please use the following information to help ensure that you are using this content type correctly:
- Some of the fields have character limits as defined in the form field guidance below. Please ensure you are aware of these before planning out content using this content type.
- Try and use images that enhance the News Story - if no suitable image is found leave the image field empty rather than using generic imagery.
- Images should be correctly sized and optmised for the web. For users that do not have access to Adobe Photoshop or a similar image editing resource, we would recommend the use of PIXLR, a free online image editing platform. This platform can be used to resize and optimise images.
- To link to a specific section on your website use a Section Link. The CMS automatically remembers section links, even if you need to move the linked section when restructuring or reorganising content on your website.
- To link to a specific piece of content on your website, use a Content Link. As with section links, the CMS will automatically remember the content link, even if the content is moved to another location on your website.
- When linking to an external website or resource, then use a Web Address. The full URL of the website or resource is required i.e. https://www.qub.ac.uk. Please note that the majority of websites published via the CMS are now accessed over HTTPS only.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- You can use the SEO Friendly URL content type field to make the news story url more search engine friendly e.g. https://www.qub.ac.uk/News/Allnews/2022/researchers-discover-how-amphibians-differ-in-caring-for-their-young.html. Each word should be separated by a hyphen and typed in lowercase.
- The Metadata / Tags, Category, Department and Research Theme fields should all help provide enhanced information for SEO.
Please use the following guidance to help make sure your content adheres to accessibility regulations:
- Do not add HTML elements such as
h1or otherwise to any of the form elements to change the structure of the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
- Do not add any CSS styling or selectors to any of the form elements to change the display of the content added to the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
Form Field Guidance
Please use the following information to help you use this Content Type effectively:
|Name||The name of the piece of content||80 Characters||plain text||true|
|Image||Resize and crop the image to suit before upload. Image size is 1600 x 747px. Always use keyword optimised image alt text with keyword term.||2048 Kilobytes||Media||false|
|Image Caption||800 Characters||plain text||false|
|Video Embed Code||Video appears on full news article in place of large image||300 Characters||plain text||false|
|Short Subheading||Defaults to "Latest News"||45 Characters||plain text||false|
|Heading||Main news title. Limited to 100 characters||100 Characters||plain text||true|
|Introduction||Summary feature copy, which will appear in summary listings||250 Characters||plain text||false|
|Text||Main news story text. Images, tweets and videos can also be embedded.||35000 Characters||HTML||true|
|Date||Date of news story||100 Characters||Date||false|
|Contact information||Contact information for queries||1200 Characters||HTML||false|
|Subject/Key Person - Name||80 Characters||plain text||false|
|Subject/Key Person - Title/Department||100 Characters||plain text||false|
|Subject/Key Person - Image||2048 Kilobytes||Media||false|
|Subject/Key Person - Link||e.g. Pure profile||200 Characters||plain text||false|
|Metadata / Tags||Comma separated keywords||200 Characters||plain text||false|
|Market / Region||2048 Characters||Multiple Select||false|
|Country||2048 Characters||Multiple Select||false|
|Audience||2048 Characters||Multiple Select||false|
|Department||2048 Characters||Multiple Select||false|
|Category||Please select a maximum of 3; hold CTRL to multi select||2048 Characters||Multiple Select||false|
|Thought Leader||2048 Characters||Multiple Select||false|
|Research Theme||80 Characters||Multi-select List||false|
|SEO Friendly URL||Hyphen separated SEO friendly version of the url||200 Characters||plain text||false|