This is what the Video Embed content type looks like:
The Video Embed content type is used to embed videos from approved third party sources. These include: Mediasite, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook. You will need to copy the embed code from its source and then paste it into the content type.
The key aspect to remember when using this content type is to make sure you add an iFrame title into the embed code, after you have pasted it into the content type. This will help to ensure the content is adhering to Accessibility Guidelines.
Please use the following information to help ensure that you are using this content type correctly:
- If you have a query about any type of content from approved third party sources that needs to be integrated with your website, please log a request for support via the IT Helpdesk.
- Some of the fields have character limits as defined in the form field guidance below. Please ensure you are aware of these before planning out content using this content type.
- The Web Support Team are not responsible for any content contained within third-party embeds added to the CMS.
Please use the following guidance to help make sure your content adheres to accessibility regulations:
- Do ensure that a
titleattribute is added when including the provided iFrame embed for approved third party content. Further information is available in the Embedding iFrames section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
- Apart from adding an iFrame title into the embed code, do not add HTML elements such as
h1or otherwise to any of the form elements to change the structure of the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
- Do not add any CSS styling or selectors to any of the form elements to change the display of the content added to the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
Form Field Guidance
Please use the following information to help you use this Content Type effectively:
|Field Title||Information||Is it required?|
|Name||This is the name of the content block, only visible to editors of the section.||Yes|
|Video Embed Code||Paste the embed code from your chosen source into this field. The following is an example of a video embedded from Mediasite, with an iFrame title added:
<iframe title="iFrame is Missing a Title" width="450" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://mediasite.qub.ac.uk/Mediasite/Play/537de3ad736340c78901645ec6ff9c581d" allowfullscreen msallowfullscreen allow="fullscreen"></iframe>