This is what the IMAGE - Single Image content type looks like:
The 'IMAGE - Single Image' content type should be used to break up content within a page. Our Accessible Content Guidance will provide information on how to create this content and adhere to accessibility regulations.
It is also important that you read and adhere to the general and accessibility guidance below to ensure you are using this content type correctly.
Please use the following guidance to help make sure your content adheres to accessibility regulations:
- Do not add HTML elements such as
h1or otherwise to any of the form elements to change the structure of the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
- Do not add any CSS styling or selectors to any of the form elements to change the display of the content added to the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
- Do not create images with embedded text.
- Do not add image Alt Text / Description to your image if it is decorative. Further information is available in the Text Alternatives for Images section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
Please use the following information to help ensure that you are using this content type correctly:
Some of the fields have character limits as defined in the form field guidance below. Please ensure you are aware of these before planning out content using this content type.
- You should have full permission for any image you intend to use on your website.
- All images should be the correct dimensions and optmised for the web. For users that do not have access to Adobe Photoshop or a similar image editing resource, we would recommend the use of PIXLR, a free online image editing platform. This platform can be used to resize and optimise images.
- You are not required to add an Image Alt Text / Description if the image will be decorative only. Further information is available in the Text Alternatives for Images section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
- Do not create images with embedded text. The image will be inaccessible and the text will not scale across mobile and desktop devices. This content type enables you to add a title onto an image in an accessible way.
Form Field Guidance
Please use the following information to help you use this Content Type effectively:
|Field Title||Information||Is it required?|
|Name||This is the name of the content block, only visible to editors of the section.||Yes|
|Image - Desktop||
The image that will be seen by users on desktop.
|Image - Mobile||The image that will be seen by users on mobile.||No|
The caption that will go underneath the image.
Maximum characters allowed: 500
|Margin Bottom||Allows user to create more space between the image and the next piece of content.||Yes|