This is what the File Upload content type looks like:
The File Upload content type is used to store a file that the user can view/download from a web page.
There are two steps involved when creating a file download for the user:
- Step 1 - Uploading the file itself into the CMS using the File Upload content type.
- Step 2 - Linking to the file in the Filestore from a page within your website, so that it opens for the user to view.
The File Upload content type is used to complete Step 1 of the process.
Where possible, you should be uploading PDF documents to your Filestore.
The key aspect to remember when using this content type is to make sure you are adding documents that meet the latest Accessibility Guidelines.
Please use the following information to help ensure that you are using this content type correctly:
- You will need the file on your computer, ready to upload and saved as an accessible PDF.
- You can update a file in the Filestore if required, by editing the same piece of content and replacing the file that is there with a different one.
- The Web Support Team are not responsible for any content contained in documents that are added to the CMS.
- Any files you add to a filestore within the CMS are not access restricted. They will be viewable/downloadable worldwide. Please log a request for support via the IT Helpdesk if you require access restriction on your content.
Please use the following guidance to help make sure your content adheres to accessibility regulations:
- Do ensure that any document you add to your Filestore is accessible. Further information is available in the Document Accessibility section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
- Do ensure that any link to a file within the Filestore is descriptive and that the link formatting you use is consistent. Do not use generic link text such as 'Click Here' and 'Read More'. Further information is available in the Using Links Effectively section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
Form Field Guidance
Please use the following information to help you use this Content Type effectively:
|Field Title||Information||Is it required?|
|Name||This is the name of the content block, only visible to editors of the section.||Yes|
|File to upload||
Click to locate the file on your own computer that you wish to upload.