This is what the Video With Text content type looks like:
iFrame is Missing a Title
This video shows you how to add a title to an embedded iFrame. You can learn more about creating accessible content in the Accessibility section of our site.Accessible Content Guidance
The Video With Text content type is used to embed videos from approved third party sources. These include: Mediasite, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook. You will need to copy the embed code from its source and then paste it into the content type.
This content type allows you to include a heading, sub text and a link.
You can choose to have the video aligned to the right or the left.
The key aspect to remember when using this content type is to make sure you add an iFrame title into the embed code, after you have pasted it into the content type. This will help to ensure the content is adhering to Accessibility Guidelines.
Please use the following information to help ensure that you are using this content type correctly:
- If you have a query about any type of content from approved third party sources that needs to be integrated with your website, please log a request for support via the IT Helpdesk.
- Some of the fields have character limits as defined in the form field guidance below. Please ensure you are aware of these before planning out content using this content type.
- The Web Support Team are not responsible for any content contained within third-party embeds added to the CMS.
- To link to a specific section on your website use a Section Link. The CMS automatically remembers section links, even if you need to move the linked section when restructuring or reorganising content on your website.
- To link to a specific piece of content on your website, use a Content Link. As with section links, the CMS will automatically remember the content link, even if the content is moved to another location on your website.
- When linking to an external website or resource, then use a Web Address. The full URL of the website or resource is required i.e. https://www.qub.ac.uk. Please note that the majority of websites published via the CMS are now accessed over HTTPS only.
Please use the following guidance to help make sure your content adheres to accessibility regulations:
- Do ensure that a
titleattribute is added when including the provided iFrame embed for approved third party content. Further information is available in the Embedding iFrames section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
- Apart from adding an iFrame title into the embed code, do not add HTML elements such as
h1or otherwise to any of the form elements to change the structure of the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
- Do not add any CSS styling or selectors to any of the form elements to change the display of the content added to the content type. Either you will be asked to remove it, or it will be removed by the Web Support Team.
- Do make sure that the link text used is as descriptive as possible. Do not use generic link text such as 'Click Here' and 'Read More'. Further information and examples are available in the Using Links Effectively section of our Accessible Content Guidance.
Form Field Guidance
Please use the following information to help you use this Content Type effectively:
|Field Title||Information||Is it required?|
|Name||This is the name of the content block, only visible to editors of the section.||Yes|
|Heading Title||Add a heading in the right column (by default) of the content type.
Maximum characters allowed: 65
Used for the main body of text or to give an overview of the content that it will link to located below the heading in the right column (by default).
|CHOOSE Section Link OR Web Address||Use this option to define whether you want to create a link. The options are to specify a Section/Content Link or an External Link. If you do not want a link, leave the default setting as it is.||No|
|Section Link for CTA Button||For use when Section Link is selected in the field Choose Section Link OR Web Address. Click on the appropriate button option and select the correct section or content link.||No|
|Use default link text||The default sets the link text to the name of the section or block of content you are linking to. You can leave the default setting as it is OR you can change the link text by unclicking the default tick box and typing your own link text into the Enter custom link text box. Please make sure the text is descriptive and is not generic as outlined in the accessibility guidance above.||No|
|Web Link for CTA Button||For use when Web Address is selected in the field Choose Section Link OR Web Address. Type in the full URL of the external website ensuring the correct protocol prefix is included (http:// and https://). Where possible, it is recommended that you use https for security.
Maximum characters allowed: 512
|Text for Web Link on CTA Button||
For use when Web Address is selected in the field Choose Section Link OR Web Address. Add the link text you want to display. Please make sure the text is descriptive and is not generic as outlined in the accessibility guidance above.
|Video Embed Code||Paste the embed code from your chosen source into this field. The following is an example of a video embedded from Mediasite, with an iFrame title added:
<iframe title="iFrame is Missing a Title" width="450" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://mediasite.qub.ac.uk/Mediasite/Play/537de3ad736340c78901645ec6ff9c581d" allowfullscreen msallowfullscreen allow="fullscreen"></iframe>
|Video Alignment||The default video alignment is Left. You can leave the default alignment as it is OR change it to Right.||Yes|