A range of IT equipment can be purchased from the University Suppliers, for example:
Information Services works closely with the Procurement Office, to ensure that the University Supplier Agreements provide the best deals, both technically and financially.
From time to time, Information Services also offers PCs from Student Computing areas for redeployment. This is usually advertised via Staff Roundup.
How do I Purchase IT Equipment
- Consult with the IT Service Desk, your School Computer Officer if you require any advice
- The schedule of recommended equipment specifications and pricing is available for QUB staff by logging in to Finance with your staff details, to the Procurement, Contract, and Information Systems, Technology and Comms section of the website to choose the equipment you require.
- Your School or Directorate will process your purchase order
- Few things you should know when buying a Computer
- Windows 10 Enterprise Edition is the University's recommended operating system. Note: Computers purchased with Windows 10 Home Edition must be upgraded to the Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. This can be done by the IT Service Desk or your School Computing Officer.
- Windows 10 for home use is available to purchase from QUB onthehub. Contact the IT Service Desk for advice.
When your new computer arrives, you need to complete a QF22 form to register it and request setup by the IT Service Desk team. For details on computer setup consult the the Services tab on IT Service desk page.
Last updated: April 2016