Setup Email on a Mobile Device
Do you want to access QUB email, calendar and contacts on your mobile device? We recommend that you connect to your account using Exchange (Apple) or Exchange ActiveSync (Android). The following settings should work for the majority of mobile devices.
IOS Email Settings
Before you begin, remove any existing QUB email by going into Settings, Mail and into Accounts. Click into the account to wish to remove and select Delete Account.
To set it up:
- Open 'Settings'.
- Then scroll down to 'Mail'.
- In Mail, go into 'Accounts'.
- Tap 'Add Account'.
- Select the 'Microsoft Exchange' option.
- Enter your QUB email address and in Description, remove the default description and enter the words 'QUB Email' then select "Next".
- Tap 'Next' and click 'Sign In' when prompted.
- You will be brought to the QUB Login page.
- Delete your email address from the username box and enter your student/staff number and password.
- If prompted, follow the MFA prompts.
- Back in settings you should now be presented with a list of mailbox items. Switch off any that you don't want to sync to your phone.
- Click 'Save' to complete setup.
Your device is now setup to receive email from O365.
- Android Email Settings